Store: Brighton Collectibles
Skills & Experience Requirements:
To apply, please visit:
1865 Briargate Parkway Suite #317
Brighton is located at the Promenade Shops at Briargate next to Apple
The Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager and GoLite’s goals and vision, business results, brand operational standards, talent, and customer service excellence for the assigned store and for improving store results and productivity year-after-year. Direct reports to the Assistant Store Manager are Keyholders and Sales Associates within the store.
• A minimum of 2 years retail management, preferably in the outdoor/sporting goods industry
• Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines such as business, retail management, marketing, merchandising
• Flexible work schedule (including nights and weekends)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift 50lbs and climb ladders
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be a reliable, dependable and consistent proxy within the Store at all times when the Store Manager is physically absent
• Assist Store Manager in the setting of challenging goals for self and store and put a top priority on achieving results
• Help communicate performance goals and standards so employees understand expectations and how they’re linked to the organization’s mission, values and goals
• Work with Store Manager to plan, identify, communicate and delegate appropriate responsibilities to store employees to ensure smooth store operations.
• Hold Keyholders and Sales Associates accountable to ensure a consistently positive work environment that increases productivity, decreases unwanted turnover and enhances the customer experience
• Empower the store staff to act as gatekeepers, facilitators and courageous decision makers to drive the best results
• Work with Store Manager to concept, develop, implement and monitor programs that sustain a productive, efficient store environment and facilitate a positive employee experience and attitude toward GoLite
• Facilitate an open door policy where employees are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retaliation or ill will
• Take calculated risks and take on challenges in achieving organizational objectives
• Maintain open and positive relations with Store Manager, staff, peers, corporate office staff and District Manager
• Be a GoLite Brand Champion in the store and community
• Help Store Manager achieve all store financial goals: sales volume, profitability, Average Sale, Units/Transaction (UPT), Sales/Hour (SPH), payroll, and inventory
• Help Store Manager hold staff accountable for individual action plans for accomplishing objectives and play an active role in monitoring progress
• Guide store staff on maintaining controllable expenses
• Work with Store Manager to efficiently plan tasks and manage execution to achieve financial goals/results within budget and on time
• Business Development
• Be an advocate in the community for outdoor stewardship and recreation, encouraging and enabling volunteerism, and building meaningful and lasting relationships with others in the community.
• Work with Store Manager to create partnerships, branded events both in and out of store, and maximize local business synergies to help build the goodwill of the brand in the community and drive customer traffic to the store
• Ensure that the Store complies with Company initiatives, policies, procedures
• Maintain excellent communication with Store Manager
• Loss Prevention:
• Ensure that the store protects company assets through promoting awareness of LP best practices
• Help ensure that the store maintains acceptable inventory shrinkage, not exceeding established goals
• Help ensure that store employees follow all policies specific to inventory control, including execution of required physical inventories, paperwork flow, over/short logs, markdowns, timeliness of reporting, receipt of goods, merchandise transfers and all other related inventory matters
• Help ensure proper execution of visual presentation standards and promotional event set ups
• Help ensure accuracy of Company in store promotions and merchandise markdowns
• Ensure stores is clean, organized and operationally sound at all times
• Adhere to and ensure all employees are working safely and following established safety best practices
• With Store Manager concept, develop and execute Store events
• Monitor inventory shipping and receiving procedures
• Assist Store Manager to recruit, interview and select the best candidates for job openings
• Facilitate a learning environment in store, ensuring the staff members are committed to GoLite training and development programs
• Work with Store Manager to coach and develop employees for current and future responsibilities
• Collaborate with Store Manager to play an active role in all store staff performance: performance reviews, one on one conversations, coaching daily performance, counseling under-performance and policy violations
• Help Store Manager administer Performance Reviews for all staff with high quality and in a timely fashion
• Work with the store management team to administer employee discipline in a fair and consistent manner
• Customer Service
• Ensure all Customer Service Standards are consistently met or exceeded in the store
• Monitor store schedules in accordance with Company policies to provide excellent customer service
• Ensure store employees are friendly, knowledgeable about our products, and represent GoLite in the best possible way to all stakeholders
• Improve customer experiences in store through recognizing customer service successes, coaching to improve performance and empowering staff to appropriately use their best judgment in all customer service matters
• Make yourself personally available to all customers to communicate and identify their needs and address their questions and concerns
• Provide customer and merchandise feedback as needed or as requested to appropriate parties
• Provide input and influence to convey product ideas from customer to Merchant Team
Skills & Experience Requirements:
Competencies and Skills:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong human relation skills and ability to work and support a team environment with all levels of employees
• Proven leadership skills in training, coaching, developing, motivating, and selling
• Ability to set, meet and assist others in achieving goals
• Strategic problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to read, interpret and set strategies based on various reports
• Ability to manage corporate directives and maintain excellent records
• Capable of maximizing business to achieve sales goals and reduce shrink and expenses
• Focused on the Customer and results driven
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent fashion merchandise presentation standards
• Organized with excellent time management skills and habits
• Professional and detail oriented
• Risk taker
Email resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Assistant Store Manager
Skills & Experience Requirements:
Requires excellent leadership skills and a high level of integrity and enthusiasm to motivate store associates to total store achievement.
Possess strong drive, ambition, and passion for selling and for the overall store business success.
Ability to communicate professionally and in a timely manner with the Manager, customers, associates and corporate partners.
Lead by example and maintains consistent selling and service standards through communication, training and individual accountability.
Have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
Must be outgoing and assertive with the ability to make decisions independently.
Strong selling experience required and demonstrated ability to meet or exceeds performance standards.
Requires a minimum of 1 year of management experience. Specialty retailing experience preferred.
Work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business including opening/closing shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
Requires ability to move about in a store including climbing ladders and the ability to lift up to 20-25 pounds.
Ability to navigate computer systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
To apply: Visit Talbots located at the Promenade Shops at Briargate
Location 1925 Briargate Parkway Suite #627
Sales Lead- Key Holder
Store: White House Black Market
The Sales Lead may be a full or part-time hourly paid position which supports the Store Manager and Assistant Sales Managers in the supervision of a WHBM store, including meeting sales goals, customer satisfaction, cash / inventory management, general store operations, loss prevention, visual presentation, floor sets, and store maintenance.
Sales and Customer Satisfaction
- Consistently meets and exceeds personal goals. Maintains Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Monitors Associate productivity, acknowledges and communicates performance feedback to Associates. Motivates Associates to achieve full potential to meet company standards.
- Positively communicates personal and store sales goals, promotions and incentives to the store's staff. Utilizes Recognition Board.
- Knowledgeable of current WHBM products and assortments. Communicates this information to customers and Associates effectively.
- Ensures MWFB is the top priority at all times, consistently setting an enthusiastic and effective example. Adheres to all customer satisfaction policies and procedures.
- Positively and consistently demonstrates a professional image in accordance with WHBM's standards.
- Cash / Inventory Management
- Processes all register/point of sale (POS) transactions accurately and in accordance with company procedures.
- Performs all financial activities efficiently and in accordance with company policy, and guidelines, including cash handling and reporting, price changes, merchandise handling and open and closing guiding principles.
Cash / Inventory Management
Processes all register/point of sale (POS) transactions accurately and in accordance with company procedures.
Performs all financial activities efficiently and in accordance with company policy, and guidelines, including cash handling and reporting, price changes, merchandise handling and open and closing guiding principles.
General Store Operations
- Maintains safety requirements to ensure a safe working and shopping environment.
- Ensures current company guiding principles are followed as documented in current reference manuals
- Retrieves NSSC communication via BOSS system, email, store mail, and voicemails and follows up accordingly.
- Ensures accuracy of opening and closing process.
- Processes incoming and outgoing shipments as per company policy, ensuring accuracy of inventory receipts.
- Ensures the cash wrap is organized and efficiently operated at all times.
- Assists in requesting supplies ensuring a consistent and accurate level of supplies while controlling expenses. Helps maintain all controllable expenses within company guidelines (i.e., payroll, telephone, supplies, etc.).
- Flexible/available in the event of scheduling conflicts, Associate, store and mall emergencies.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as directed by Management.
- Protects the store's funds, property, and fellow Associates' property by conforming to and enforcing all loss prevention policies, procedures, and controls.
- Communicates all loss prevention related concerns to the Store Manager or the District Sales Manager.
- Visual Presentation / Store Maintenance
- Maintains a well organized, clean and neat store appearance through appropriate housekeeping activities, including backroom maintenance and organization.
- Conducts and updates floor sets in accordance with company visual standards.
- Processes stock and sales floor replenishment as necessary to ensure a full representation of merchandise on the floor at all times, in accordance with current visual merchandising standards.
- Human Resources Management and Development
- Possesses effective leadership skills and portrays a positive team attitude
- Reviews Associate time sheets/records and other payroll documentation to verify completeness, legibility, and accuracy of hours worked and payroll used. Ensures payroll is entered timely and correctly
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent educational certification.
- Minimum 3 years prior retail sales and/or sales management experience within a specialty, fashion store environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
- Ability to travel to stores throughout the district
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of the administrative aspects of store operations
- Communicates with customers while standing and maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom.
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds, climbing, reaching, pushing / pulling as required to meet responsibilities.
- Available and agrees work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Can meet the requirements for regular attendance on-the-job attendance to ensure appropriate management coverage. The Lead Sales Associates must be present and punctual for all assigned shifts.
- Understands how to operate registers/POS devices in a proficient manner.
- Retail experience
- 1 year Management experience preferred
To apply, click here